Join us on Thursday, April 15th from 6pm - 7pm at an in person event for an educational presentation by Chamber member Mike Lasley (Director of Recruitment & Career Coach at Northwestern Mutual) entitled "Elevating your career in 2021". This event is sponsored in part by PNC Bank.
This presentation will provide tactical advice that will help you:
1. Make an impression to stand out above other applicants
2. Resume do’s and don’t
3. Optimizing Social Media for your job search
4. Pre and post interview tips
5. Networking and the impact that makes of your future career
This event is geared towards young professional between the ages of 21-39 and is being put together by the Miami-Dade Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (MDGLCC)'s Young Professional Network (YPN). The event will take place at SKN Elements (in "Little River") following and adhering to all the safety guidelines (i.e. temperature check, social distancing, mask wearing at all times, hand sanitizing). At the conclusion of the presentation, the venue invites guests to stay and socialize enjoying some beverages & light bites, and raffle of prizes.
ADMISSION TO THE PRESENTATION FROM 6PM - 7PM IS LIMITED TO 50 PEOPLE; $10 CHAMBER MEMBERS / $20 OTHERS. PREPAID REGISTRATION REQUIRED. NO WALK-INS
THE SOCIAL GATHERING FROM 7PM - 8PM IS FREE OF CHARGE AND OPEN TO ANYONE. MUST ADHERE TO VENUE'S SAFETY RULES AND CAPACITY.
About Guest Speaker Mike Lasley
Mike is a Director of Recruitment & Career Coach at Northwestern Mutual of Coral Gables. He has over 15 years of experience in talent acquisition and employee management in South Florida. He is personally responsible for leading the recruitment efforts of Financial Advisors in South Florida as well as Regional Director of campus recruitment. Mike grew up in Silver City, New Mexico where he attended Western New Mexico University. Since his arrival to South Florida in 2004, his mission has been to make Miami the friendliest city. He has a passion for bringing people together and making a positive difference in the professional and personal lives of others.
• He is Northwestern Mutual’s top recruiter in 2019 & 2020 in the South Florida region
• Currently #10, of over 240 Northwestern Mutual recruiters, for his recruitment of people of color & #12 for his recruitment of women.
• Awarded 2020 Overall Rising Star by the Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce
• In 2015 he created For The Love Of Volleyball, a social volleyball organization that has grown to over 800 local members that come together each week for physical activity, fun, & friendship
• He volunteers providing weekly career & life coaching to disadvantaged youth w/ HANDY, Inc. (Helping Abused Neglected Disadvantaged Youth)
• He is the creator and co-organizer of Wilton Onesie Wonderland, a yearly event that has raised over $14,000 for local non-profits
• He is the creator of Paws4Paws, a night-time pet parade that raises money to support animals living in the homes of terminal LGBTQ patients
• He is Vice-Chair of Community Affairs for the Coral Gables Chamber of commerce and sits on the Board of Directors
• He is a past co-chair of Miami-Dade Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce’s Young Professional Network
Mike takes the view that he hasn’t met a stranger, just a friend he hasn’t made yet. This view is reflected in every area of his professional and personal life.
About YPN (Young Professional Network)
The Young Professional Network (YPN) is part of the Miami-Dade Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (MDGLCC) targeting LGBT professionals between the ages of 21-39. The mission of the YPN is to create networking opportunities to connect young professionals to each other, foster collaboration with business leaders and provide educational engagements for young professionals to bridge the gap between generations, to nurture professional development and growth, and create paths to success within the business community. Among the things that the YPN will strive for are: to encourage an atmosphere conducive to attracting additional young professionals to the Miami-Dade area, opportunity to network and meet many other young professionals in the Miami-Dade area, cultivate contacts outside work, provide access to leaders (business, civic, & community) and opportunities to take leadership roles in committees.
About SKN Elements
Skn Elements is a rapidly-growing skin wellness brand that focuses on helping modern-day individuals achieve their skincare goals in a chic, open and relaxing environment. When it comes to skin care, cosmetic procedures and beauty treatments, we fundamentally believe in “undetectable enhancements”. We want our clients to be complimented on their beautiful brows, not on their “perfect microblading”. Let them notice your beauty, not your Botox. Our core treatment philosophy is to always err on the side of natural looking results. We’re most excited to highlight the metamorphosis of the brand which has certainly evolved over the years while growing up and learning who we are.