Front Desk / Night Audit Agent
Front Desk / Night Audit Agent
TITTLE: Front Desk / Night Audit Agent Job Description
OBJECTIVE: Reports to the Front Office Manager. A positive, service oriented, self-motivated and energetic professional who will work closely with the Front Office and Housekeeping teams. This position works the overnight shift and performs the duties of a Front Desk Agent and completes, balances, and files night audit reports on the various areas of the hotel. To provide accurate, timely information in accordance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Post charges to guest accounts that have not been posted.
- Checks to see that all charges are assigned to the appropriate departments.
- To verify that all transactions performed at the front desk are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary and that they have been correctly posted.
- Verify that all charges posted from the POS has reached the correct guest folios
- Post prints up and files reservations for the next business day.
- Prints out next day’s check out folios after the audit is ran
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Verifies that room rates are correct and posts those rates to guest accounts.
- Can function as a front desk agent especially in terms of check-in and check-out procedures.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office statistics.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Must have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Balance the day’s charges, making corrections as necessary.
- Performs wake-up calls.
- Run end of day process in property management software (PMS).
- Understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Knows how to operate PMS and other front office equipment's.
- Respond to guest needs, special requests and complaints, alert the manager if needed ther duties may be assigned.
- Review arrivals noting special requests, blocking rooms as needed.
- Check in and out hotel guests in a confident, professional and friendly manner.
- Answer all phone calls promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
- Complete all items on appropriate (AM, PM, Overnight) checklist by end of shift.
- Conduct pre-assignment of hotel rooms, which includes VIPS, repeat guests, all packages, and any special requests.
- Follow established key control policy.
- Ensure proper credit policies are followed. Submit all lost & found articles accompanied by a completed lost & found report.
- Knowledgeable of immediate area, services, attractions, and events.
- Open, secure, and balance out daily shift bank which involves counting and verifying cash, check, and credit card transactions occurring while on duty.
- Verify credit limit report.
- Monitor room availability throughout the day.
- Review daily the selling status of the hotel using yield management system.
- Attend department meeting once a month.
- Performs all other duties as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Other Department related duties as become necessary.
- Contact via telephone with the other departments such as Reservations, Sales, Housekeeping, Bell Staff, and Valet is crucial to ensure that hotel services are coordinated to provide the best in guest satisfaction.
- Focus towards guest satisfaction, favoring and promoting the creation of memorable and positive experiences, transforming each member of the team into an example and ambassador of the values of Axel Hotels.
- Participate in the good working environment within the hotel, fostering teamwork, collaboration among all staff, with an integrated vision of the internal customer, developing a distinctive work environment.
- Comply with applicable current legislation (among others: data protection, collections, billing, claim management, prices, accessibility, among others.
Schedule: 40 hours weekly / rotative schedules subject to operational needs
All described in the Axel People Handbook
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Join MDGLCC?
Membership gives you exposure to a powerful network of professionals and access to marketing tools.