Public Relations Professional
Public Relations Professional
TITTLE: Public Relations Job Description
OBJECTIVE: Reports to Hotel General Manager. Is a brand ambassador and head of the constant delivery of the service and the experience to the GUEST AND/OR CLIENT and leads communications, media relations, internal communications, government affairs, social impact and multicultural affairs for the hotel. This professional works across the team to assist in developing and implementing communications strategies for the hotel and the marketing programs and the overall Axel Hotels Portfolio.
- Assisting team members with their efforts to tell stories – about Axel brands, portfolio, marketing, and Sales.
- Helping to develop story ideas that will further key messages and reach targeted audiences.
- Drafting briefing materials, monitoring coverage, and maintaining a bank of ideas for potential stories that advance the company narrative.
- Managing incoming media requests; following up with reporters when necessary to get additional information and scheduling interviews when appropriate.
- Building, managing, and maintaining a global media contact database; pitching reporters and researching reporters and their prior stories.
- Working with team members to manage executive speaking requests – vetting speaking opportunities; maintaining and monitoring a system to track incoming speaking requests and the outcomes; preparing background memos for speaking events.
- Maintaining the team calendar consisting of scheduled PR event/news/announcements across the group.
- Tracking media coverage and sharing clips with appropriate team members, and collaborating with global counterparts to compile, prepare and share weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual coverage updates for senior leaders.
- Supporting team members in producing presentations for internal and external partners, coordinating agendas for team meetings, and periodically scheduling team meetings.
- Process and respond to complaints submitted by customers and follow up on them until their total solution, including social media and direct email, calls and personal interactions.
- Ensure the Axel Experience in every guest and visitor of our spaces, included and not limited to birthdays, anniversaries, wedings and all other celebrations
- Cultivating relationships with the news media is one of the primary functions of public relations. This can be particularly beneficial when your hotel has exciting news to present such as a restaurant or bar opening, new collaborations with designers or local artists, an event, or pro Bono actions. By connecting with journalists on a regular basis, they are more likely to cover your hotel’s news when something newsworthy comes about.
- Promote customer loyalty.
- Public relations can be used to create and promote a customer loyalty strategy. Whether it’s doing outreach to happy customers or letting them know about upcoming deals and promotions, keeping in touch with your loyal clients is an important part of your PR strategy.
- Your hotel might already have an events planner on staff, but with public relations you can strengthen even further the impact of your events. They can spread the word to invite the right people who will help amplify the events through social media, because without proper communication it’s as if the event didn’t happen.
- Furthermore, if your hotel wants to promote itself as a venue for weddings, corporate events and conferences, through public relations outreach and marketing efforts you can make this offer more visible.
- PR professionals can design a series of actions that will help strengthen your value proposition and send the message to the right media outlets and potential guests. Because after all, who is better to design your guest personas than someone who’s in constant contact with the people you want to target? Based on these guest personas, you can use public relations to promote a series of events or promotional strategies that are in alignment with your hotel’s differentiating factors.
- If your hotel is, for example, in the mountains near the ski slopes, they can help you create a series of promotions and events during the winter season so that your hotel can be seen as a place not only to spend a ski weekend but also for day-skiers to relax by the fire before driving home. Maybe you can offer some jazz music with some artisan mocktails or quick bites for those in a hurry to hit the road.
- Guerrilla marketing is a viral marketing tactic that gets consumers talking about your brand through a unique marketing concept. With public relations, you can design and promote these types of campaigns to create a buzz about your hotel. These interactive campaigns could be carried out in unexpected places when people aren’t necessarily thinking about a hotel stay, whether that be through street giveaways, different PR stunts, and advertising in unconventional places.
- This helps create brand awareness which maximizes resources with little investment and increases the chances your hotel will come to mind when it comes time to book. While publicity can be expensive, with guerrilla marketing you can achieve similar benefits inexpensively and perhaps even more effectively.
Schedule: 40 hours weekly / rotative schedules subject to operational needs
- One year of practical communications or media relations experience, agency experience preferred. Travel or hospitality background a plus.
- Proficiency with social media, Microsoft Office suite, media monitoring tools, web publishing and content management.
- Strong writing, editing, and proof-reading skills; demonstrated passion for writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills; attention to detail essential.
- Superior judgment and use of discretion in protecting confidential information.
- Independent and self-starter who takes initiative and follows through on tasks to completion.
- Ability to adapt to continually changing priorities and effectively manage multiple work streams.
If you are interested, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Why Join MDGLCC?
Membership gives you exposure to a powerful network of professionals and access to marketing tools.